The Madavoorpara rock-cut cave temple is situated in Thiruvananthapuram district between Pothencode and Chempazhanthy. The temple which resembles the ancient cave temples of the Jains has an antiquity of around 1300 years.
Thirteen steps carved on the same rock leads one to the square-shaped temple.
The temple was owned by the Chenkottukonam Ashram before being taken over by the state archaeology department in 1960. This is one of the two cave temples in Thiruvananthapuram district.